- EMPLOYER : Charity non-profit association of Disabled persons’ Parents and Guardians “Children of Spring” in Alexandria Imathias
- SPONSOR : STAVROS NIARCHOS Foundation
- LOCATION : Ampelotopia area – Alexandria Imathias, 07 El.Venizelou str, Block C 140
Due to the particularity of this project’s intended use, it requires enhanced attention and presents increased constructive requirements. The principal orientation axles for our company focused on the construction of a building ensemble that would be able to cover the special needs and requirements of the users (Disabled persons) but also on the attempt to construct a building with minimum energy cost and maintenance expenses in order to assure its viable operation.
The building consists of the ground floor, area covering approximately 900.00 m2, dedicated to the construction of education rooms, laboratories, day accommodation and entertainment spaces, the first floor, area of 212.00 m2, that will include offices for administration and professors, parking lots of area 170.00 m2 and semi-sheltered areas of 24.00 m2. The building was aligned in building plot covering 3.130,00 m2, with total area 1.100,00 m2.
The entire philosophy behind the construction of this unique work attracts attention and interest.
Basic features of the work:
- The emphasis in ergonomy and accessibility of the areas, intending to create familiar and functional environment for all the users.
- The wider utilization of the area in favor of the users.
- The impeccable and austere esthetical integrity.
- The usage of modern technological applications so that the building meets all the compatible specifications for safe and regular operation.
- The use of modern certified structural materials, according to the specifications of the study.
- The use of innovative systems for energy saving, installed for the minimization of the building's thermal needs for heating and cooling (photovoltaic, heating pumps etc.).
Stavros Niarchos Foundation (www.SNf.org), classified among the biggest private charity organizations in the world, is sponsoring this innovative work for the area.
For more information about the grant, click here.